Me, Dea and the girls

Friday, April 13, 2007

Arizona, March 2007


I went to a conference in Phoenix the first week of March. The conference ended on Thursday morning and my plane didn't leave until Friday afternoon, so I took advantage of the really nice Infiniti I had rented and drove three hours to the Grand Canyon. I was completely overwhelmed by the scale (I experienced something similar at Death Valley a few years ago); it was impossible for my brain to comprehend the size of the canyon. The picture was made on the South Rim; the North Rim is about 8 miles away and 1000 feet higher. I have many more pictures, but I won't post them since it is really just a big hole.

The South Rim sits at about 6000', so snow is common in the winter.

A wild goat walking by the trail.

Navajo flea market. After leaving here I encountered one of those wonderfully straight desert roads; I was able to hit 1** mph.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home