Me, Dea and the girls

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Seattle & the Pacific! 1/23/09

I took a ferry across Puget Sound to the Olympic Penisula. As you can see, the fog is still present.

Before we got to Seattle I had thought I would drive around Olympic National Park, but after studying the map I realized it is at least a three day drive and camp trip. I decided just to drive to the Pacific Ocean and I finally reached it in the little town of Westport. After snapping this photo I stopped at a restaurant on Main Street and had the best bowl of clam chowder ever. It was at this point I met my soulmate. He was in his late thirties, balding and not very attractive. I believe he was the husband of the restaurant's owner. We were sitting beside each other, watching a story about President Obama on CNN. I made some comment and he completed my sentence; then I completed his sentence. We went back and forth something like seven times, and I started to get weirded out, so I paid my bill and left. Dea thought she would like to meet him, but I am never going back to Westport.



I walked out to the water, but there was a nasty brown foam in it so I decided it would be best not to touch it. At this point I decided I needed to see mountains, so I turned around and drove 4 hours to Mt. Rainier. I got there too late to take any good photos, but when I first saw the bulk of the mountain as I drove around a curve I felt like I got slapped in the face. Mt Rainier is so unbelievably massive, especially compared to any of the Appalachians. I made it back to our hotel around 9pm; I drove about 11 hours that day.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home