Me, Dea and the girls

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Great Western Adventure-Day 1, 6/21


This is the car I originally rented to drive to Yellowstone with Madeline and Mom. It would have gotten 32-35 mpg, but it was too crowded before we even added Mom's stuff. The little girls liked it, though. We had to hang around Charlottesville until the car rental place opened so we could trade up. We had originally planned on leaving by 7am, but we did not get out of town until 9:20.

We took I-64 through Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky and Indiana, with a stop in Louisville to pick up Mom at the airport. Oh yeah, Madeline and I were sick; I had a fever that had developed on Friday and Madeline is the one who infected me.

We had originally planned a camping at a KOA on the west side of St. Louis, but I didn't feel like sleeping in a tent. Unfortuantely, all the hotels within 60 miles of the city were full. We finally got rooms at the Booneslick Lodge, a charmingly rustic (i.e. lodge style furniture, wooden fish as wall decorations) hotel in Pineville, MO.

Total miles driven=831

Car Time=12hr 10min

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home