Me, Dea and the girls

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Great Western Adventure-Day 2, 6/22


Lunch at a rest area in Kansas

This wind farm was the most interesting sight in Kansas.

We drove through Missouri, Kansas and most of Colorado on day 2. I was really hoping to see the Rocky Mountains much earlier than we did (a certain line from Dumb and Dumber kept running through my mind), but the day as overcast so the mountains did not appear until we were 40 miles east of Denver. We did briefly catch a glance of what turned out to be Pike's Peak earlier, but I had look at a picture of the mountain before I could confirm it.

We spent the night at a KOA near Ft. Collins, after a really nice meal at Cozzola's Pizza in the downtown. I think Ft. Collins is the new town I am planning on moving my family to.

Total miles driven=830

Car time=11hr 47min

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home