Me, Dea and the girls

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Great Western Adventure-Day 3, 6/23

Breakfast at the Poudre Canyon, CO KOA

Lots of snow in Wyoming's Wind River Range. The Winds were a revelation; I have read about them in my Backpacker magazine for years, but now that I've seen them for myself I have to go back and explore them.

Our first view of Jackson Hole and the Tetons.


Dea and I were here in September, but there was almost no snow on the peaks.
This was an easy driving day. We started in Colorado, only 25 miles from the Wyoming line. We reached the highest point on our entire trip, 9400 feet, soon after we crossed into Wyoming. We spent the night at the Gros Ventre campground in Grand Teton National Park.
Total miles driven=434
Car time=7hr 18min
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home