Me, Dea and the girls

Sunday, July 20, 2008

G.W.A.-Day 6, 6/26

On Day 6 we headed south from Spearfish into the Black Hills. We passed through Deadwood (I'm a big fan of the HBO series) and stopped at Mt. Rushmore. It was really interesting in a surreal way. I've seen the monument on so many things in my life that I was expecting these enormous heads erupting out of the ground, but they actually seem smaller in person. I suppose most pictures focus entirely on the heads, so you never see the large mountain that surrounds them. I usually don't like to read the exhibits in National Park visitor centers, but I enjoyed reading every word at Mt. Rushmore's.
We made it into Minnesota that evening, and there was a large thunderstorm that overflowed the hotel's pool during the night.

At Deandra's suggestion, we stopped at Wall Drug in Wall, SD. We counted over one hundred billboards along the 50 miles of interstate before you reach it.
Total miles driven=478.5
Time in car=8 hr 39min
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home